Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pray for Diana Alvarez

Diana Alvarez is a young lady who has grown up in our ministry and loves Jesus very much. She spends a lot of time in God’s word and she has a real burden for the lost. Diana has been helping Lebanon First Baptist Church with their Vacation Bible School since she was 12.

Diana is now 16 and is working as a volunteer with Larisa Craig for the summer. Larisa is an area missionary with American Missionary Fellowship. Her field is in east central California and western Nevada. Larisa and Diana will be leading several VBSs and helping in two summer camps.

Pray for Larisa and Diana. Pray for protection as they travel. Pray for wisdom as they minister to people. Pray for success as they share Jesus. Pray for sufficient finances to fund the ministry.

Diana's Testamony as given at her quinceaños:

When I was 6 years old, my family and I moved here from Mexico. At that time I did not understand why this happened to me. But now I know that God has a plan for me. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

When I received Jesus he opened my eyes so that I could see the truth. He helped me to understand that I am a sinner and that he died on the cross for my sins. He helped me to understand that if I trusted in him, he would cleanse me from all my sins – and he did so.

Later I began to read the Bible and I found many promises that God has made. What God promises he fulfills because he does not change. I also found promises that assure me of my salvation. John 5:24 says, “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.”

I know that God has helped me and I know that he will help me because I have put my confidence in him. I know that when I need strength to do his will he will give it to me.


Diana Alvarez and Larisa Craig

No comments: