Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 13 in Mexico

I spent a very profitable week being sick.  Don’t have time to explain much but God is in control.  My sickness resulted in great opportunity to spend a lot of time talking with Pueblito (Jesús’ wife).  She is very open and very close to confessing faith in Jesus.

Like I said a few posts ago, I don’t mind that the enemy wins all the battles except the ones that matter.  So, I spent the week sick; Lupe’s water pump broke and while I thought we could leave as soon as I got back to Negritas that was not the case; Lupe was discouraged as his crop was threatening failure; neither Lupe or Leti wanted to go to Oaxaca; (need I say more?).  Yes, there is more.  After an almost midnight pep talk we were all ready to go Monday morning (two days away).  

The pump was fixed and Lupe and his brother worked hard on watering his plants.  It was decided that Monday morning Lupe would wake up early to go buy food for his animals.  While he was gone Jerilyn and I were to come and pack everything up so that when he returned we could go.

NOT!!  One more little victory for the enemy.  We showed up at Lupe’s house on time and Lupe wasn’t gone.  He was sick in bed with a very high fever and a very large tonsil.  We were staring at another delay… while it was almost too late to delay any longer.  After some prayer, Jose and I went to town to buy the food for the animals while Jerilyn and Leti took Lupe to the Doctor.  We left 3 hours later then desired but we are on our way.  

I am writing this in McDonalds in Puebla, Mexico, about 3.5 hours from our evening’s goal.  We want to stay in a hotel tonight in Oaxaca, go to Walmart to buy some furniture for Angel and Eva in the morning, and be in Santiago buy mid-afternoon.


The big prayer requests is that God would orchestrate the scheduling of the 3 day seminar I want to give, that everyone would be able to attend at the same time, that it would go smoothly, that God would use it greatly, and that Lupe and Leti would be greatly encouraged to continue in the great ministry that God has given them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ask our Father in heaven to reveal the root cause of these illnesses by the Holy Spirit and believe the answer. Praying for His schedule and your submission to it 8^))Visit Chencho Sanchez C. parents if you can.
We love you guys, Jim and Linda