Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 9 in Mexico

There was another reason I was so tired after helping Lupe water his field.  I was sick!  That night I had a very high fever as well as diarrhea.  I slept all the next day.  I slept for 20 straight hours except when my wife woke me up to see if I was still alive.  I believe it was food poisoning but cannot be sure.  I have had some fever now and then and some lingering intestinal problems but I am functioning at a fairly high level.

Yesterday Jerilyn and I celebrated our 37th anniversary.  That’s right – she has put up with me for 37 years.  (Really, she has no one to blame but herself as she knew what she was getting into.)  We visited a small pyramid here in Querétaro and then went to see a very large rock structure called the Peña de Bernal.  I climbed it with Jesús and his nephew while Jerilyn stayed down with the rest of the family, worrying for my safety.  Yes, I got down safe; yes, I got very tired; yes I would do it again.   And Yes, I am still sick (a little).

They had a setback in Negritas watering the fields.  I am going to stay another day in Querétaro and then hopefully we can go to Oaxaca.  I am still studying for the seminar I am going to teach in Oaxaca.  The more I can study, the more I can present.


Pray for God’s blessing.

No comments: